Gallery Baroness LLC & Artist Agreement/Contract
Please download Artist Contract/Agreement and fill out and email email@example.com
Gallery Baroness LLC, 310 Morton Street Suite B, Richmond Texas 77469
- Agency; Purposes. The Artist appoints The Gallery Baroness LLC, 310 Morton Street Suite B, Richmond Texas 77469, 832-490-8777, gallerybaroness.com as agent for the works of art (“the Artworks”) consigned under this Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale. The Gallery Baroness LLC shall not permit the Artworks to be used for any other purposes without the written consent of the Artist. This agreement applies only to works consigned under this Agreement and does not make The Gallery Baroness LLC a general agent for any other works.
- Consignment. The Artist hereby consigns to The Gallery Baroness LLC, and The Gallery Baroness LLC accepts on consignment, those Artworks listed on the attached Inventory Sheet which is a part of this Agreement. Additional Inventory Sheets may be incorporated into this Agreement at such time as both parties agree to the consignment of other works of art. All Inventory Sheets shall be signed by Artist and Gallery Baroness LLC.
- Authority of Accepted Artist’s Works. Works of art may be accepted for consignment only by or by any person designated by either of them in writing as authorized to accept works of art hereunder. The Gallery Baroness LLC may reject artworks at the Owners discretion.
- Warranty. The Artist hereby warrants that he/she created and possesses unencumbered title to the Artworks, and that their descriptions are true and accurate.
- Duration of Consignment. The Artist and The Gallery Baroness LLC agree that the initial term of consignment for the Artworks is to be 30 days, and that the Artist does not intend to request their return before the end of this term. Consignment shall continue until the consignment completion of contract (30dys unless specified in contract). Artist agrees to remove all unsold Artworks at the end of the Consignment on designated removal dates. (please see hang/removal schedule)
- Transportation Responsibilities. Packing and shipping charges, insurance costs, other handling expenses, and risk of loss or damage incurred in the delivery and retrieval of Artworks from the Artist to The Gallery Baroness LLC and from Gallery Baroness LLC to the Artist are the responsibility of the Artist. See hold harmless agreement.
- Fiduciary Responsibilities. Title to each of the Artworks remains in the Artist until the Artist has been paid the full amount owing him or her for the Artworks; title then passes directly to the purchaser. All proceeds from the sale of the Artworks shall be held in trust for the Artist. The Gallery shall pay all amounts due the Artist before any proceeds of sales can be made available to creditors of The Gallery.
- Notice of Consignment. The Gallery shall give notice, by means of a clear and conspicuous sign in full public view that certain works of art are being sold subject to a contract of consignment.
- Removal from Gallery. The Gallery shall not lend out, remove from the premises, or sell on approval any of the Artworks, without first obtaining written permission from the Artist.
- Pricing; Gallery’s Commission; Terms of Payment. The Gallery shall sell the Artworks only at the Retail Price specified on the Inventory Sheet. The Gallery and the Artist agree that the Gallery’s commission if sold and processed by Gallery Baroness LLC is to be 10% percent of the Retail Price of the Artwork. If sold and processed by Morton Street Emporium is to be 10% percent of the Retail Price of the Artwork. If sold and processed by the Artist Direct is to be 0% percent of the Retail Price of the Artwork. Any change in the Retail Price, or in the Gallery Baroness LLC or Morton Street Emporium commission, must be agreed to in advance by the Artist and the Gallery. Payment to the Artist shall be made by the Gallery Baroness LLC and/or Morton Street Emporium on the 5th of every month, and will include all commissions due for any/all artworks sold the previous month.
- Promotion. The Gallery Baroness LLC shall use its best efforts to promote the sale of the Artworks. The Gallery agrees to provide adequate display of the Artworks, and to undertake other promotional activities on the Artist’s behalf. The Gallery Baroness LLC shall identify clearly all Artworks with the Artist’s name, and the Artist’s name shall be included on the bill of sale of each of the Artworks processed through The Gallery Baroness LLC and the Artist shall agree in advance on the division of artistic control and of financial responsibility for expenses incurred in The Gallery Baroness LLC exhibitions and other promotional activities undertaken on the Artist’s behalf.
- Reproduction. The Artist reserves all rights to the reproduction of the Artworks except as noted in writing to the contrary. The Gallery will not permit any of the Artworks to be copied, photographed or reproduced without the written permission of the Artist. In every instance of such use, the Artist shall be acknowledged as the creator and copyright owner of the Artwork. The Gallery shall include on each bill of sale of any Artwork the following legend: “All rights to reproduction of the work(s) of art identified herein are retained by the Artist.”
- Accounting. A statement of accounts for all sales of the Artworks shall be furnished by Gallery Baroness LLC to the Artist on the 5th of each month, with the payment of all commissions due from previous month sales. The Artist shall have the right to inventory his or her Artworks in the gallery and to inspect any books and records pertaining to sales of their Artworks.
- Termination of Agreement. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, this Agreement may be terminated at any time by either the Gallery Baroness LLC or the Artist, by giving a sixty (30) day written notification of termination from either party to the other. In the event of the Artist’s death, the estate of the Artist shall have the right to terminate the Agreement. Within thirty days of the notification of termination, all accounts shall be settled and all unsold Artworks shall be returned by The Gallery Baroness LLC.
- Procedures for Modification. Amendments to this Agreement must be signed by both Artist and Gallery Baroness LLC and attached to this Agreement. Both parties must initial any deletions made on this form and any additional provisions written onto it.
- Miscellany. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Artist and The Gallery. If any part of this Agreement is held to be illegal, void, or unenforceable for any reason, such holding shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other part. A waiver of any breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same provision or other provisions hereof. This Agreement shall not be assigned, nor shall it inure to the benefit of the successors of The Gallery, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the Artist.
- Choice of Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of Texas.