Gallery Baroness Artist Information Packet
Hello and Thank You for your interest in showing at Gallery Baroness located at 310 Morton Street Richmond Texas 77469 inside the Old Post Office Historical Downtown Richmond. Hopefully this packet will contain all of the information you need to help you to make the decision to take the next step in showing your art with us. Below you will find: Why you should show your art with Gallery Baroness, Section size availability, price to show and the distribution of payment schedule, Hang Schedule and Hang Requirements. If you have questions or need clarification on something that is not covered here please feel free to contact us directly via email at email@example.com or via phone at 832-490-8777.
Why you should show your Art with Gallery Baroness?
- 800 Square Foot Brick and Mortar Gallery located in the Back half of the Old Post Office in Historic Downtown Richmond Texas
- Professional Hanging Track System (J Track system allowing for infinite flexibility)
- 30-day Contract (please see contract for more detail)
- Space is leased at $30 per linear foot. (Example……walls are 8-foot high…. so, if you rent 3 linear feet it is $90 plus tax for a 3 foot by 8-foot section of wall space/24 square feet)
- Salon Hung (multiple pieces of art hung in the space)
- You price your own Art.
- All art changes on the 1st of the month allowing for an everchanging fresh look.
- LED Daylight Lighting for real color view of Art.
- Title Cards Printed by Gallery Baroness
- Artist Bio Printed by Gallery Baroness
- Opening hours and Register Available M-Sat (except selected holidays) 10am-5pm
- Register Available at all Social Event.
- Flexibility in the way you can sell your Art. We run your payment for a 10% fee. If you run your payment NO FEE. (please see contract for more detail) Or Both it is up to you.
- Meet the Artist Event Every Month (please see schedule of Events and Calendar) with a Social Media Event Created for ease of sharing to your customers.
- Online Presence. Website, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Pintrest and LinkedIn
- Currently Showing Tab on the Website (gallerybaroness.com) with links to your website and social media pages.
- Chance to become part of the Gallery Baroness Artist Registry at a reduced fee of $50. (Normally $65 per year)
Section size availability
- The Gallery Walls are contracted per month from the 1st of the month (hang date) to Art Change out on the 1st of the next month. Art Hang and Change out date are the same.
- Space is leased at $30 per linear foot. (Example……walls are 8-foot high…. so, if you rent 3 linear feet it is $90 plus tax (per month) for a 3-foot by 8-foot section of wall space/24 square feet)
- Space is leased in Sections Per Month. 3 feet (24 square feet of wall space), 4 feet (32 square feet of wall space), 5 feet (40 square feet of wall space) and 6 feet (48 square feet of wall space)
- Print Bins are available on a limited supply $60 per month.
- Sculpture is priced per piece per space requirement. Prices vary due to the 3-D nature of Sculptural pieces. Please contact the Gallery directly for a quote.
- If you need more space than is listed you are able to lease more than one section at a time please let you know your specific needs as space is limited and varies month to month.
What is Salon Style Art Hanging?
Salon Style Art Hanging began in France in 1670. The style came about as a way for students to show their work to the public in a limited space. In simplest terms, there was more art available than display space. This gave way to the concept of hanging multiple pieces of art of different styles by different artist in a more uncontrolled way. This style continues today and is used in Museums and Galleries worldwide. It allows for a less formal and eclectic way to look at display art and art available for purchase.
Example of Salon Style Hanging at Burchfield Penney Art Center photo by J. Tim Raymond http://artvoice.com/issues/v11n23/art_scene/artists_among_us.html
The photo above is an example only of Salon Style Hang and is of Burchfield Penney Art Center in Pennsylvania and is not of GAllERY BARONESS.
Price to show and Distribution of payment schedule
- Space is leased in Sections Per month. 3 feet (24 square feet of wall space), 4 feet (32 square feet of wall space), 5 feet (40 square feet of wall space) and 6 feet (48 square feet of wall space)
- Payment for leased and contracted space should be made at the time of securing the space. Space that is not paid for is not guaranteed. Payment that is not received by the 25th of the previous month is not considered secured. All space is available on a first come first served basis after your application to show is accepted.
- Payment for space is accepted via Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express), Check, Cash and online through Paypal. Please do not pay until you have received an acceptance and availability of space has been verified.
- Payment Schedule to the Artist for Sold Art will be on the 5th of the month via check. (Art sold up and through the last day of the previous month will be included in that payment.) Example…..you are showing June 1-Aug 1……art sold on June 29…you will be receiving payment on July 5 for that sale………….art sold on July 1……you will be receiving payment on Aug 5 for that sale
- Art Hang and change out is on the 1st of the Month (please see schedule of Events and Calendar)
- All art changes on this date to allow for an everchanging fresh look to the Gallery.
- Art must be Hang ready! Art that is not ready to hang will be refused regardless of contract. Please see document in forms section on instructions of how to prepare your art.
If you are ready to show your Art with Gallery Baroness please proceed to the Application Form. It is a simple form that will help us keep a diverse style shown in the Gallery. We like to show multiple styles at once allowing for a large range of Artist, Art Lovers and Art Collectors to meet and mingle. I hope to hear from you soon!